愛是分離 ─ 你需要的另一種幸福

 

真愛是兩個獨立的人,在各自的步調上,還願意一起跳舞。

 

Marriage

by Kahlil Gibran 譯者:家慶

You were born together, and together you shall be forevermore.
你們註定要在一起,永遠膩在一起
You shall be together when white wings of death scatter your days.
就算死亡離你們很近
Aye, you shall be together even in the silent memory of God.
就算老天爺忘記了你們,你們也應該在一起

But let there be spaces in your togetherness,
可是記得給彼此空間
And let the winds of the heavens dance between you.
讓天堂吹過來的風得以在你們之間飛舞

Love one another but make not a bond of love:
愛那一個人,而不是愛上彼此的堅定愛戀
Let it rather be a moving sea between the shores of your souls.
寧可讓愛是不停變化的潮汐 在你們靈魂的岸邊來回

Fill each other’s cup but drink not from one cup.
為他倒滿酒杯,但不要喝同一支酒杯
Give one another of your bread but eat not from the same loaf.
撥一塊你的麵包給他,但不要吃同一塊麵包

Sing and dance together and be joyous, but let each one of you be alone,
快樂地在一起唱歌和跳舞,但讓彼此保有孤獨
Even as the strings of a lute are alone though they quiver with the same music.
你看那豎琴的弦為同一首歌曲顫動,卻是彼此分開

Give your hearts, but not into each other’s keeping.
給他你的心,但不要給彼此保管
For only the hand of Life can contain your hearts.
因為只有人生的手,才能握住你的心

And stand together, yet not too near together:
站在一起,但不要站得太近
For the pillars of the temple stand apart,
你看那博物館的樑柱,他們站得那麼開
And the oak tree and the cypress grow not in each other’s shadow.
你看那松和柏,他們沒辦法在彼此的陰影下,持續生長

 

 

line promote v2

What do you think?